WELCOME!

WELCOME! You have stumbled into mysterious territory; a world of rhyme and reason that has no rhyme or reason. This is SHIRLEY'S WORLD, so check your common sense at the door.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Where Classy Resides

It is a surname of German origin. As a noun, it means jewelry; as an adjective, it means neat in the sense of clean, tidy, or having a simple elegance. It reflects glamour and good taste, and it can be seen on store fronts in good German business areas.


Where Classy Resides

A few years ago I just could not defend
A good reason to marry him over again.
But now that he's trained, and I've got him in hand,
I believe that my husband is more than just grand.
Oh, sure, he has issues, and, well, so do I,
But the progress he's made can be measured quite high.
There are those who would say that he married up.
Now, forty years later he's all quite grown up.
So, let me explain and make something quite clear.
There's a very good reason that you find me here.


I've something to say; to get off my chest.
I reckoned that writing in verse would be best.
You see, if I could just change my last name,
The fun of it all would be trivial and vain.
For ignorant people who like to make fun
Of others are not very smart. No. Not one.
Some people who have the small brains of a duck
Get enjoyment from misusing my man's name of Schmuck.
They think that they know the true meaning. But no.
They have no idea, for it's German, you know.
The German definition is beautiful and fair,
For it means pretty jewelry for your neck or your hair.
It could be a scarf or a necklace quite grand,
Or it could be a bracelet you can wear on your hand.



I have to admit that my temper may flare 
At the crass comments made to me, standing right there!
You'd think they'd be cool and not laugh at his name,
For they'd call up their lawyers if I did the same.
No. It's hard to bear idiots with the brains of a duck
When they have no idea of the classy name Schmuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment