WELCOME!

WELCOME! You have stumbled into mysterious territory; a world of rhyme and reason that has no rhyme or reason. This is SHIRLEY'S WORLD, so check your common sense at the door.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Passing Need

  • In idleness I heard a voice
  • that softly whispered happy thoughts.
  • And weakness showed it's dreadful head
  • as I pondered how to make a way.
  • I know that voice. It spoke before,
  • and drew me to a darkened place
  • where temporary glee won out,
  • and I vowed to never go again.
  •  
  • So, in my altered state I called
  • to the One I knew would overcome.
  • I called His name, and then I knew,
  • it's only time, and I'll be safe.
  • A flutter caught my eye to see
  • a lovely wisp of color fly
  • across my line of vision to
  • arrest my thoughts and make me smile.
        
  • The wondrous beauty made me gasp.
  • It cleared my mind of all around.
  • The butterfly was gone at last,
  • and I realized it's purpose now.
  • My evil thoughts were gone,
  • and now I thought of only greater things.
  • My Protector had erased the slate,
  • and my last word had done it all....Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment