WELCOME!

WELCOME! You have stumbled into mysterious territory; a world of rhyme and reason that has no rhyme or reason. This is SHIRLEY'S WORLD, so check your common sense at the door.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Been A Wonderful Life


I want to skip, I want to run.
I want to be young and have some fun.
I want to run the longest mile.
I want to travel, and do it in style.

I want to ride in air balloons.
I want to write a million tunes.
I want to laugh and paint my face.
I want to write and fill MySpace.

I want to play first base again.
I want to cheer and help to win.
I want to work long hours each day,
Have weekends with my kids, to play.

I want to be an acrobat.
To jump a rope. To swing a bat.
I want to swim and catch a fish.
To be young again; that’s all I wish.

For if I were I’d do things right.
There’d be no carousing late at night.
There’d be no sitting on my throne.
That’d be for my God, and God alone.

I’d study hard the facts to learn,
And get good grades at every turn.
I’d welcome times to spend with Mom.
I’d go back and not leave the prom.

My kids would know how much I care.
I would be kinder, and I would share.
I’d play in the leaves and slide in the snow.
I’d mark every inch when they started to grow.

But now, in the autumn, I just look behind.
My youth is all squandered; nowhere to find.
I watch as the young ones pass through their days.
I wish I could join them, but autumn just stays.

I only can watch them as now I don’t run.
I give it my best to join in their fun.
But tomorrow is winter so I must prepare.
I know that it will be lonelier there.

So, I wait for my Father and smile while I wait.
Sometimes He is slow, but He’s never late.
I must go on smiling in spite of the strife.
Because, all in all, it’s been a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment